Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "A.L." <am...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/05 00:21:42 UTC

HttpServletRequest

My problem isn't directly related to Tomcat, but
understanding how tomcat works may help me.
I am trying to modify the header of an Http request.
Specifically I am trying to modify the Authentication
info.  I have been unable to find any useful
information on how to change this data.  What i am
curious to know, is how Tomcat constructs the
HttpServletRequest object from the actual http
request.  Perhaps I could use this code to construct
my own HttpServletRequest which I may pass as a
variable to a servlet.

Does anyone have any info on this?  Doe anyone have
any recomendations on how to constuct a
HttpServletRequest with Http info?

Thanks,
   -Amos

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

Servlet Requests Advice

Posted by "A.L." <am...@yahoo.com>.
After experiencing many difficulties searching for a
solution to my problem by looking at the source code,
I have a new question to ask.

Does anyone know how I could force tomcat to alter the
header information of a request to a servlet?  For
example, when soemone makes a request to the servlet
which requires authorization their header contains
login/password info.  I need to alter this header info
of the http request.  HttpServletRequest does not
provide a function for altering the header, so I
figure that before Tomcat wraps the request it should
be able to alter the header.

  There may be other solutions to this problem, please
help if you have any advice.

Re: HttpServletRequest

Posted by "pducuron (charter)" <pd...@charter.net>.
check the source code