Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Eric J. Pinnell" <er...@iCky.org> on 2003/08/06 15:43:32 UTC

[OT]Re: Tomcat 4.1.24 behind a proxy

Hi,

We had this happen once.  We were behind a proxy firewall that wasn't
transparent.  Kinda like when you have to enter a proxy server in your
settings in IE or netscape.  It was one of those types of
proxies/firewalls rather than something like a PIX which is transparent.

Rather than recode in order to deal with it (and I don't know what that
would entail) we found the three sites our site needed to access and
allowed our site direct access to them with no proxy by changing the
firewall rules.

-e