Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2001/08/01 00:16:18 UTC

Re: XSL Parameters and DOM Nodes

This should be fixed with my last checkin.

-scott

                    Scott_Boag@lo
                    tus.com              To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                                         cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    07/31/01             Subject:     Re: XSL Parameters and DOM Nodes
                    05:21 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xalan-dev

> DescendantIterator iter = new DescendantIterator();

Geez... what's that all about?

> I was thinking of looking at a new "no argument" constructor for
> OneStepIteratorForward but I'm not that familiar with it yet.

Sounds right.

> Scott, do you want to correct this or should
> I?

I'm going to go ahead and give this a quick spin.  I'm a little nervous
there will be complications.

-scott

                    Gary L Peskin

                    <garyp@firste        To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org

                    ch.com>              cc:     (bcc: Scott
Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     Re: XSL Parameters
and DOM Nodes
                    07/31/2001

                    04:13 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    xalan-dev

Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:
> 2) <xsl:copy-of select="xalan:nodeset($stylesheets)"/> with just the
> default RTF is producing awfully strange results.

This seems to be due to a recent change in
XPathContext.createDTMIterator(int node).  The comments correctly state
that this should create a new DTMIterator that holds exactly one node.
However, the body was changed to:

    DescendantIterator iter = new DescendantIterator();
    iter.setRoot(node, this);
    return iter;

The DescendantIterator ends up enumerating all of the nodes in the RTF
rather than just the one.  Scott, do you want to correct this or should
I?  I was thinking of looking at a new "no argument" constructor for
OneStepIteratorForward but I'm not that familiar with it yet.  Of
course, we could always revert to the old code but I'd like to not pass
up an opportunity for optimization here.

Gary