Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dirk the Daring <di...@psicorps.org> on 2005/06/24 00:02:39 UTC

[SOLVED] Re: SA v3.0.4 install error

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, I wrote:

>2) After installing SA, MIMEDefang sees it, but I get the error message
>
>No configuration text or files found! Please check your setup.
>
>   when I try to do anything. This error message vanishes if I remove
>SA, and re-appears when I reinstall it, so I'm pretty sure its an
>SA-related error.

   The problem turned out to be related to the order things ended up on
this server. I installed MIMEDefang last month, and didn't get around to
SpamAssassin until now.

   Because MD was installed before SA, MD did not install itself to
support SA. However, MD does auto-detect SA at run-time, and will use it
if it finds it.

   But the install process for MD still did not copy the config file
that MD wants for SA. It would have done it if SA had been installed
when MD was installed, but I ended up having to do it manually.

Dirk