Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Abhijit Diwan <ad...@tibco.com> on 2006/07/27 07:27:56 UTC

How to deselect classes while creating jar?

Hi all

             I have maven 2.0 project which includes all the java
classes for my project. Now I do not want to create single jar from the
classes generated in the target directory. But there is no documentation
on the maven jar plug-in site about how can I exclude the some of the
classes from getting them in to the jar. I am using maven 2.0. Also
there is lot of cyclic dependency in the classes so can not really
separate the projects.

             I feel there is no clear documentation about how can I skip
some of the classes from getting in to the jar. I am using following
profile like this and calling mvn jar:jar -PConnectorJar from the
command line.

<profile>

            <id>ConnectorJar</id>

            <build>

                <plugins>

                    <plugin>

                        <configuration>

                            <includes>

<include>com/tibco/ejb/common/*.java</include>

<include>com/tibco/ejb/connector/*.java</include>

<include>com/tibco/ejb/support/*.java</include>

<include>com/tibco/ejb/util/*.java</include>

<include>com/tibco/ejb/adapter/*.java</include>

<include>com/tibco/ejb/jca15/support/*.java</include>

<include>com/tibco/ejb/jca15/util/*.java</include>

<include>com/tibco/ejb/jca15/connector/**/*.java</include>

                                <!--<exclude>**/*Work*.java</exclude>-->

                            </includes>

                        </configuration>

                    </plugin>

                    <plugin>

                        <configuration>

                            <jarName>AeConnector</jarName>

                        </configuration>

                    </plugin>

                </plugins>

            </build>

            <activation>

                <property>

                    <name>AeConnectorJar</name>

                </property>

            </activation>

        </profile>

Help on this will be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Abhijit