Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/12/15 03:17:27 UTC

[fielding@ebuilt.com: Re: src/ directory (was: Re: Showstoppers: Alpha 9)]

----- Forwarded message from fielding@ebuilt.com -----

From: fielding@ebuilt.com
Subject: Re: src/ directory (was: Re: Showstoppers: Alpha 9)
To: Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:56:55 -0800

> It isn't "a source tree". There is a lot more in the CVS repository than
> just source. There are build mechanisms, documentation, test programs and
> framework, public include areas, etc.

Source, source, source, very much source, etc.  Exactly what part of that
is not source?  Source is the set of information used to maintain and
develop a product, including the documentation (in pre-generated form).
That is the standard term under software engineering parlance.  Everything
that is not derived from some other source is "source".

> Categorization is quite difficult: consider APR's 15 source subdirs. How
> could those possibly be grouped?

I'm not sure if its safe to ask me that question right now.  The result
is usually a rebuilt repository, or a complete rewrite of some piece.
I used to do that to Dean all the time.

....Roy

----- End forwarded message -----

--