Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Melody Hsu <me...@filemaker.com> on 2010/07/14 22:42:29 UTC

Thrift Win32 Usage Compilation Errors

Hi all,

I've been trying to compile the thrift generated code in CPP on Windows and
have been running into issues.

My setup:
1) Win32 Vista
2) cygwin+all the necessary libs

Here's what I've done:
1) Ran bootstrap, configure, make, and make install of the thrift head
source.
2) Generated cpp files from thrift executable.
3) Trying to compile the cpp files with the following command:
G++ -o server -I/usr/local/include/thrift -I../gen-cpp -L/usr/local/lib
-L/cygdrive/c/thrift/lib/cpp/Thrift.o -L/cygdrive/c/thrift/lib/cpp/TSocket.o
-L/cygdrive/c/thrift/lib/cpp/TBinaryProtocol.o
-L/cygdrive/c/thrift/lib/cpp/TBufferTransports.o
-L/cygdrive/c/thrift/lib/cpp/TApplicationException.o
-L/cygdrive/c/thrift/lib/cpp/TServerSocket.o
-L/cygdrive/c/thrift/lib/cpp/TSimpleServer.o

Doing this gives me many "undefined reference to
apache::thrift::GlobalOutput".

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?  The thrift wiki provides a
prebuild for win32 with a few dlls, but I'm not sure how I would use this to
compile my thrift generated c++ code.

I couldn't find much resources with using thrift on windows.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!
-M