Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Atsushi Ishii <cr...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/23 15:10:27 UTC

about ApacheBench

Hi,

It's first time to post here.
Recently, I'm developing new function regarding ApacheBench(ab).
Present ApacheBench supports only single URL.
New function which I'm developing supports multi URLs like next.

  ./ab -c 1 -n 10 -L urls.txt

In this case, ApacheBench picks up URLs from "urls.txt" and send
requests. Also, confirm responses of document length for each requests.
And, I've already opened source code here:
http://code.google.com/p/apachebench-for-multi-url/

I would appreciate it if I could contribute it to Apache.

Best regards,
Atsushi Ishii

Re: about ApacheBench

Posted by Atsushi Ishii <cr...@gmail.com>.
OK
I'll confirm flood and try to make patches for it.

Best,
Atsushi

Re: about ApacheBench

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Apr 23, 2011, at 6:48 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> On 4/23/2011 8:10 AM, Atsushi Ishii wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's first time to post here.
>> Recently, I'm developing new function regarding ApacheBench(ab).
>> Present ApacheBench supports only single URL.
>> New function which I'm developing supports multi URLs like next.
>
> Have you looked at flood?  Depending on what you re trying to accomplish,
> you will probably find that ab continues to limit your flexibility.
>
> When it comes to sophistication, I don't think ab is the place to invest
> that sort of energy.  Patches to flood are welcome...
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/test/flood/

+1

ApacheBench should stay simplistic.

S.

PGP FP: FC5A 6FC6 2E25 2DFD 8007  EE23 9BB8 63B0 F51B B88A

View my availability: http://tungle.me/sctemme

Re: about ApacheBench

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.