Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2017/06/05 22:33:13 UTC

Pull requests

Be aware that there’s no integration from GitHub. If you log a pull request without creating a JIRA case if might be several days before someone notices it and reviews it. We try to review pull requests in a timely fashion but we can only do that if we know about them.

The best way to operate is something like this:
* Create the JIRA case as early as possible (before starting to write code, ideally)
* When you have a pull request, attach it to the JIRA case by clicking “More” then “Link”
* Indicate the state of the pull request. Do you believe it is ready to commit? Does it even build?
* If you later modify the pull request, add more commits to the same branch, so that the reviewer can see what has changed. And add a comment to the JIRA case.

Julian