Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Real Wes Williams <Th...@outlook.com> on 2015/09/25 22:07:30 UTC

Cluster Configuration Service Clarification

I’m finding behavior with the cluster configuration service that seems different than what is in print. Can someone please clarify?

Page 163 of http://gemfire.docs.pivotal.io/pdf/pivotal-gemfire-ug.pdf <http://gemfire.docs.pivotal.io/pdf/pivotal-gemfire-ug.pdf> states:

"For configurations that apply to all members of a cluster, the locator creates a cluster subdirectory within the cluster_config directory….
This directory contains:
• cluster.xml -- A cache.xml file containing configuration common to all members
• cluster.properties -- a gemfire.properties file containing properties common to all members
• Jar files that are intended for deployment to all members”

However, the directory does not create. I just spun up a locator and server with cache.xml and saw that the cluster-config directory was not created. I stopped the cluster and it was still not created.  The locator config had:
   -Dgemfire.enable-cluster-configuration=true

 The locator’s log had the message:
   [info 2015/09/25 11:28:51.356 EDT loc1-d9635 <Pooled Message Processor 1> tid=0x56] Cluster configuration service start up completed successfully and is now running ….

I’m finding that other’s also have this behavior.  Specifically under what circumstances is the cluster-config directory created?

Thanks,
Wes

Re: Cluster Configuration Service Clarification

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io>.
I suspect that filing a ticket in the Geode Jira is appropriate for fixing
the documentation on this topic. Thoughts?

-Kirk

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Barry Oglesby <bo...@pivotal.io>.
Wes,