Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by José Luis Cetina <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/19 20:09:47 UTC

AWS Beanstalk TomEE

Hi, im currently using AWS EC2, i configure tomee by myself along to
apache2 server etc...

AWS Beanstalk can be use it with Tomcat 7.  Is there a way to use tomee
inside of a tomcat 7?

Im reading about: War-overlay TomEE to deploy your EE application in Tomcat

https://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/war-overlay-tomee-to-deploy-your-ee-application-in-tomcat/

In war overlay what happen with tomee.xml config?

What is the best way to do this? What is the difference between war-overlay
and war drop in?

Thanks

*José Luis Cetina*

Re: AWS Beanstalk TomEE

Posted by Aldrin Leal <al...@leal.eng.br>.
I'm not sure about how to wrap tomee for those, but look at my AWS EB
Archetype

$ mvn archetype:generate -Dfilter=elasticbeanstalk

--
-- Aldrin Leal, <al...@leal.eng.br>
Master your EC2-fu! Get the latest ekaterminal public beta

Re: AWS Beanstalk TomEE

Posted by José Luis Cetina <ma...@gmail.com>.
ok, im reading now about Docker and all of this stuff, thanks to all.

I will be ask you again for something sure!!

Thanks

> Same should work
>  Le 19 mai 2015 21:02, "Aldrin Leal" <al...@leal.eng.br> a écrit :
>
> > AWS has one for DynamoDB as well:
> >

> http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSSdkDocsJava/latest//DeveloperGuide/java-dg-tomcat-session-manager.html
> >
> > Not really sure how to wrap this guy for TomEE though
> >
> > --
> > -- Aldrin Leal, <al...@leal.eng.br>
> > Master your EC2-fu! Get the latest ekaterminal public beta
> > http://www.ingenieux.com.br/products/ekaterminal/

> any
> > >>
> > > yep and create a docker file that also deploy your app based on an
> > > existing image is really easy.
> > > But remember that you need to use an alternative session storage (db,
> > > memcached ecc) cause as far as i know multicast is not supported.
> > > Easiest aws way is to use the memcached backed elasticache for session
> > > storage.
> > > Cya
> > > K.

*José Luis Cetina*

Re: AWS Beanstalk TomEE

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Same should work

Re: AWS Beanstalk TomEE

Posted by Aldrin Leal <al...@leal.eng.br>.

Re: AWS Beanstalk TomEE

Posted by "kirys.it" <ki...@neoteroi.org>.

Re: AWS Beanstalk TomEE

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jg...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: AWS Beanstalk TomEE

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> Hi, im currently using AWS EC2, i configure tomee by myself along to
> apache2 server etc...
>
> AWS Beanstalk can be use it with Tomcat 7.  Is there a way to use tomee
> inside of a tomcat 7?
>
> Im reading about: War-overlay TomEE to deploy your EE application in Tomcat
>

> https://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/war-overlay-tomee-to-deploy-your-ee-application-in-tomcat/
>
> In war overlay what happen with tomee.xml config?

nothing change but you are limited to 1 webapp.

> What is the best way to do this? What is the difference between war-overlay
> and war drop in?

Side note: using beanstalk + docker it is quite trivial to get tomee
running. Alternative is to use a custom AMI. It is quite efficient too even
if super bound to aws.