Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jay <bl...@teleport.com> on 2001/04/03 21:56:36 UTC

Dual XSLT processes for one XML

I am trying to create an XML file that is processed by two separate XSLT
processes, the first is a set of stylesheets that uses XSP to generate
dynamic XML, then the second is a set of stylesheets that should read that
resultant XML and produce HTML.

My XML for example calls:

<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="a-xsp.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="a-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

The problem is that all the XSP logic in the a-xsp.xsl produces the desired
results, but it is inaccessible in the a-html.xsl xslt process.

If I comment out the second xslt, I see the correct dynamically produced xml
string (from a-xsp.xsl), but when I uncomment it, the xsp generated xml is
ingored in the second xslt.

Does the first xslt have to generate nodes within the xml and I'm only
producing a text string?  It's not clear to me why the second xslt ignores
the results of the first.

Thanks,
Jay

Re: Dual XSLT processes for one XML

Posted by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com>.
Very interesting aproach :-) ... would you care to
explain a bit more in details what each stage should
produce

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/