Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Desiree Hilbring <De...@iitb.fraunhofer.de> on 2005/10/20 17:54:55 UTC

How to invoke a Web-Service and differences between jUDDI and UDDI4j

Hello,

I am still a newbie and have several questions:

1. I managed to run the FindBusinessExample of UDDI4j successfully and
found a similar example for jUDDI. What are the differences between
jUDDI and UDDI4j and where are the advantages and disadvantages.

2. I do have a question regarding invoking the Web Service, once I found
the Service and his AccessPoint in the UDDI Registry.
I think using the information of the AccessPoint it should be possible
to get the WSDL document. But how can I determine the available
operations and parameters in the WSDL document and then invoke the
service. Do I have to parse the WSDL document myself or are there
existing parsers or libraries, which should be used in that case?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Desiree Hilbring

Re: How to invoke a Web-Service and differences between jUDDI and UDDI4j

Posted by Pimjai Wesnarat <Pi...@rwth-aachen.de>.
1.
jUDDI is a UDDI Registry.
UDDI4J is a library you can use to connect to UDDI Registry -- jUDDI or
IBM Test UDDI or something else.
There're not the same thing.

2. Go read about Axis from Apache.

Posted by footh <fo...@yahoo.com>.
2.)  If you want to simply invoke a web service by
providing simple form input, try this URL:

http://www.esigma.com/telos/analysis/testservice.html

--- Desiree Hilbring

http://mail.yahoo.com