Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Вадим Солонович <vs...@park.ru> on 2001/05/07 11:51:08 UTC

Re: mixing DTD and Schema

Hi Bjoern !
Thank you for your reply.

> I'd be interested in this one (mixing dtd and schema) as well.
>
> Regards.

I am not very good in english and may be you help me to explain the problem to community ?
You may  look at DocBook schema at http://oasis-open.org/docbook/xmlschema/4.1.2.3/index.html . They use the approach of mixing dtd and schema as far as i can understand and say DocBook schema is validated with xsv. But the validation with Xerces fails with a lot of errors.
I have tried to make a local copy of all schema files referenced in DocBook and validated it without a default and/or  target namespaces and end up with java.lang.ClassCastException in org.apache.xerces.validators.dtd.DTDGrammar as i describe in my previous post. Moreover every time I wish to use !DOCTYPE in instance document which uses schema i receive this exception.

Your help is greatly appreciated,
    Vadim Solonovich, www.park.ru