Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Pearcey <ke...@loon.org.uk> on 2004/05/21 11:04:33 UTC

Inherited properties (RC3)

I'm having a problem with my subprojects in maven.

Top level multiproject has the following in maven.properties

  maven.repo.local=../maven-rep

This value gets inherited by the sub projects, but comes through with the
same value rather than the desired ../../maven-rep.

Is there a better way to specify this or the pom inheritance so that the
file paths get modified as multiproject does down the subproject tree?

Cheers

Kevin

RE: Inherited properties (RC3)

Posted by Kevin Pearcey <ke...@loon.org.uk>.
> Always prepend ${basedir}
> For example ${basedir}/../maven-rep
>
> wkr,
> Geoffrey

Nope, doesn't make any difference. Path is still evaluated from the sub
projects location rather then where the project.properties file was found
(ie inherited from).

Posted by Geoffrey <jc...@hotmail.com>.
Always prepend ${basedir}