Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Enric Jaen Villoldo <ej...@dgtic.caib.es> on 2012/08/09 16:53:50 UTC

want to commit a contribution (access log timer)

Hi all,
I have created a timer class for the access log sampler, so that samples
are delayed as indicated in the access log, instead of being sent
arbitrary.

Also, I am creating an utility class that creates a test plan from an acces
log, with one thread group for each  IP.

These two contributions make replaying the access log much more real.

Where is the correct location to commit these classes so you can try it?

Re: want to commit a contribution (access log timer)

Posted by Enric Jaen Villoldo <ej...@dgtic.caib.es>.
done

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enric Jaen Villoldo <ej...@dgtic.caib.es>.
Hi,

Finally you can find the patch in bugzilla  Bug 53748 - timer for the
access log sampler

I 'll also try to attach here a PDF with design details and screenshots.

Hope you find it useful.

Regards,
/enric

(See attached file: accesslogtimer.pdf)

De:	sebb <se...@gmail.com>
Para:	dev@jmeter.apache.org
Fecha:	10/08/2012 10:53
Asunto:	Re: want to commit a contribution (access log timer)

On 9 August 2012 15:53, Enric Jaen Villoldo <ej...@dgtic.caib.es> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have created a timer class for the access log sampler, so that samples
> are delayed as indicated in the access log, instead of being sent
> arbitrary.

That could be useful.

Posted by Enric Jaen Villoldo <ej...@dgtic.caib.es>.
Ok, I'll use bugzilla.

I have tried with 1000 different IPs and worked quite well. A thread
doesn't start until its IP is accessed the first time.

De:	sebb <se...@gmail.com>
Para:	dev@jmeter.apache.org
Fecha:	10/08/2012 10:53
Asunto:	Re: want to commit a contribution (access log timer)

On 9 August 2012 15:53, Enric Jaen Villoldo <ej...@dgtic.caib.es> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have created a timer class for the access log sampler, so that samples
> are delayed as indicated in the access log, instead of being sent
> arbitrary.

That could be useful.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 August 2012 15:53, Enric Jaen Villoldo <ej...@dgtic.caib.es> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have created a timer class for the access log sampler, so that samples
> are delayed as indicated in the access log, instead of being sent
> arbitrary.

That could be useful.

Posted by Enric Jaen Villoldo <ej...@dgtic.caib.es>.
Hello Shumel,
Note that what I've done is a timer for the access log sampler. Sorry, what
you asked about the sampler I can't give you a sure answer for this, as
I've only used the sampler with GET. But I guess that if the log contains
POST data this will be sent too (I'll try it)

Best,
/Enric

De:	Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>
Para:	dev@jmeter.apache.org
Fecha:	09/08/2012 17:34
Asunto:	Re: want to commit a contribution (access log timer)

Hi,
This sounds really good and would like to use it too when it is shared.
I don't know what's the process so I guess one of the commiters will give
you an answer on this.

Just was wondering how do you use this in real life.
I mean that for replaying of anonymous (non logged-in users) this is pretty
easy.

But what about:
1. replaying of authenticated users - do you add an additional login step
later when you wanna really use this, or it also captures the login info
for you?
2. what about post parameters, are they parsed out of the logs too? (It
might be trivial but I never used this sampler so I wouldn't know)
3. how does it work for you if for example in the logs you have an specific
Order ID which was generated by the application. The sampler won't know how
to parameterize this, right? if so, do you make additional steps that are
the same as when developing new scripts or using a proxy to record?

This is just something I was wondering about and wanted to hear how you do
it...

Best,
Shmuel.

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.