Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Gang Luo <lg...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2010/06/14 18:55:21 UTC

job execution

Hi,
According to the doc, JobControl can maintain the dependency among different jobs and only jobs without dependency can execute. How does JobControl maintain the dependency and how can we indicate the dependency?

Thanks,
-Gang

Re: job execution

Posted by Akash Deep Shakya <ak...@gmail.com>.
Use ControlledJob class from Hadoop trunk. And run it through JobControl.

Regards
Akash Deep Shakya "OpenAK"
FOSS Nepal Community
akashakya at gmail dot com

~ Failure to prepare is preparing to fail ~

Re: job execution

Posted by Akash Deep Shakya <ak...@gmail.com>.
@Jeff, I think JobConf is already deprecated
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.jobcontrol.ControlledJob;
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.jobcontrol.JobControl; can be used instead.

Re: job execution

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards