Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Daniel Barclay <db...@maprtech.com> on 2015/07/25 08:00:18 UTC

RecordBatch.MAX_BATCH_SIZE = 65536?

In org.apache.drill.exec.record.RecordBatch, MAX_BATCH_SIZE is 65536.

Why isn't that 65535?  Is a batch size of zero not possible?

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
MapR Technologies

Re: RecordBatch.MAX_BATCH_SIZE = 65536?

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.
You're confusing how many slots of memory with the precision of the count.
We have 65536 memory slots (we use a two byte pointer to point to memory
slots).  We use a four byte value to maintain the number of populated
slots.  So the MAX_BATCH_SIZE is, in fact 65536.

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio