Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/11/17 19:18:11 UTC

[build-test] Tracking platforms and architecure for CI

I put a wiki page up :

   http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Automated_Testing

(reachable from the front page) to capture how we track and govern the
"community CI" effort that build-test is intended to be.

So I didn't set out any rules other than someone who's interested has to
  approach the community (we do gatekeep as we need to manually let mail
through to -commits) and note that we reserve the right to refuse anyone.

Right now, there's a table that lists the CI going on at IBM.  Once
Vladimir's machine is sending mail through, we'll add that, and we'll
add the build-test running on my x86_64/Ubuntu6 when that's working.

geir

Re: [build-test] Tracking platforms and architecure for CI

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Ok - this is spooky - my mailer reports that you sent(?) this at 5:33am
> on 11/20.  I believe this.  However, I wouldn't have not read this until
> this morning (now == 7:10am, 11/21) if I had it yesterday.
>
> I'll assume that your mail system is working fine, and that there's
> something on my end that's causing this delay.  However, just to be
> sure, has anyone else seen strange delays like this?

I also think I sent it at 10:33GMT, and received it back at 10:36GMT.
The archive [1] also saw it at that time.

Good luck.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200611.mbox/raw/%3c45618460.6060101@gmail.com%3e

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [build-test] Tracking platforms and architecure for CI

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> Alexei Fedotov wrote:
>>> I like the idea. I dream of times when Harmony testing process becomes
>>> dynamically distributed among active members [1], [2].
>>>
>>> Ok, back to the ground. Can we be more precise about OS versions? It
>>> happened several times when a patch behaved differently on a different
>>> Linux.
>> Oh - yes, the intention is that "operating system" is
>>
>>   Ubunutu 6.05
>>   Fedora Core x.y
>>   SLES 9.z
>>   Windows XP SP 2
>>
>> etc
>>
>> I just put "linux" because I really have no clue what IBM is running.
>
> I've updated it a bit, let me know if you think of more versions to
> report (e.g. binutils?)

Thanks - I saw that.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.