Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi> on 2002/04/12 13:30:50 UTC

dbroot in system.xml

Hi,

I have some trouble in setting the dbroot in system.xml. The standard
setting is ./db, but I would like to use a different location for that,
e.g. something dbroot='/foo' name="my-db". So, I modified the
system.xml. Starting xindice caused no problems. Several directories and
files are created in /foo, seems to be ok all. If, however, I try to add
a new collection with

xindiceadmin ac -c /my-db -n test -v

then the result is

ERROR :
DEBUG>
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException:
         at
org.apache.xindice.core.FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(FaultCodes.java:247)
         at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:226)
         at
org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:194)
         at
org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:157)
         at
org.apache.xindice.tools.command.AddCollection.execute(AddCollection.java:101)
         at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:331)
         at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:257)
         at
org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLAdminTools.main(XMLAdminTools.java:89)

Apparently, xindice has a problem with another location than the
standard location of ./db. In fact, I try to shutdown the server with

xindiceadmin shutdown -c /my-db -v

I get the exactly the same error as above. So, I cannot shutdown the
server in the standard way (have to do it manually by killing the process).

I could not find anything about this in the archives. One of you has
experienced similar problems? Could be a bug. I run xindice on Linux RH7
with Java 1.4. Everything works fine as long as I use the standard
location (./db).

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi
University of Oulu, Finland  | WWW: http://www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/

Re: dbroot in system.xml

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
Did you change the name of the collection as well as dbroot? Just changing
dbroot will move the files, but the collection will still be accessed as
/db.

Kimbro Staken
Java and XML Software, Consulting and Writing http://www.xmldatabases.org/
Apache Xindice native XML database http://xml.apache.org/xindice