Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mike Duffy <md...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/15 18:43:34 UTC

[OT] Handling SQL Exceptions - Best Practices

I am having a difficult time finding a definitive "Best Practices" for handling SQL exceptions in
a web application.

I would like to gain from the experience of users on this list.

For relatively simple web applications do you think it is acceptable to simply wrap SQL exceptions
as Runtime exceptions and rethrow?  The thinking is that is that once the app is tested and
everything is working, anything that goes wrong is probably a Runtime issue.

Thanks for your consideration.

Mike

Re: [OT] Handling SQL Exceptions - Best Practices

Posted by Mike Duffy <md...@yahoo.com>.
After some further research I was able to answer my own question.  The answer was yes.

Best Practices for Exception Handling
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/11/19/exceptions.html