Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org> on 2018/05/02 21:44:12 UTC

Re: [RAT] how to perform the actual release

Hi folks,

Am 30.04.2018 um 22:56 schrieb P. Ottlinger:
> mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true
> mvn deploy
> mvn release:clean
> mvn release:prepare
> mvn release:perform

Trying to perform a dryRun yields in a problem since we refer to an
older version of ourselves as a matter of dogfooding .....

$ mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true

<snip>
[INFO] Checking dependencies and plugins for snapshots ...

What is the release version for "Apache Creadur Rat"?
(org.apache.rat:apache-rat-project) 0.13: :
What is SCM release tag or label for "Apache Creadur Rat"?
(org.apache.rat:apache-rat-project) apache-rat-project-0.13: :
What is the new development version for "Apache Creadur Rat"?
(org.apache.rat:apache-rat-project) 0.14-SNAPSHOT: :

<snip>

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare
(default-cli) on project apache-rat-project: The artifact
(org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin) requires a different version (0.13)
than what is found (0.12) for the expression (previousRatVersion) in the
project (org.apache.rat:apache-rat-project). -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]

Any hints from guys that released before?!
(yes, I'll try to document my findings)

Thanks for your help,
Phil

Re: [RAT] how to perform the actual release

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Rat.skip in your settings.xml? ;)

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Not sure for creadur but I'd say let's try :).

Maybe first ensure mvn install -Papache-release passes then release:prepare
release:perform and when it passed it is the classical jira triage and dev
area upload steps before the vote.

Should be enough to start.

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi,