Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by "Ph. Barthelemy" <ph...@gadz.org> on 2004/08/12 11:53:18 UTC

including a javadoc directory structure

Hi,

I'd like to include a javadoc documentation in my
forrest web site.
How can I do this cleanly ?

Should I rename all the .html as .ehtml ?
What else is needed ?

More specifically, forrest do not seems to recurse the
javadoc directory structure. ( ie the directories are
just not copied in the site build, altough they are in
the site src )

( i've googled this article, but it does not help ( or
I failed to understand it...
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/05/26/forrest.html
)

thanks in advance,

---p

symlinks

Posted by Vance Dubberly <va...@email.arc.nasa.gov>.
after having built a web app, i needed to abstract the content
directory to another location  so that i could give users DAV access to
to update the contents of the content directory.  i thought this would
be relatively pain free. quick symlink and all would be good. what i'm
finding instead is that the xdocs directory and it's content work fine
but if one tries upload static files ( pdf's, jpg's, gif's whatever)
one gets the Resource Not Found message.  anybody run into this and/or
found a work around? seems odd that the xdocs dir works but nothing
else does.

--
Vance Dubberly
Application Developer

"What ideal, immutable Platonic cloud could equal the beauty and
perfection of any ordinary everyday cloud floating over, say, Tuba
City, Arizona, on a hot day in June?"
-- Edward Abbey

Re: including a javadoc directory structure

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Ph. Barthelemy wrote:
> Yes, it is OK for me.
>
> It raises an other question.
> As you said : the frame-based javadoc does not
> integrate nicely with a forrest site.
>
> I'd like a menu item to point to my javadoc and when
> clicked I'd like it to open a new window. ( a fork
> link in forrest parlance )
> I did not find how to do it ?
> is it possible ?
>
> TIA,
> --p

It's not possible, unfortunately.  It's been mentioned before, but
nobody has gotten around to doing it.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming

Re: including a javadoc directory structure

Posted by "Ph. Barthelemy" <ph...@gadz.org>.
Yes, it is OK for me.

 --- Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> a écrit :
> Ph. Barthelemy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to include a javadoc documentation in my
> > forrest web site.
> > How can I do this cleanly ?
> >
> > Should I rename all the .html as .ehtml ?
> > What else is needed ?
> >
> > More specifically, forrest do not seems to recurse
> the
> > javadoc directory structure. ( ie the directories
> are
> > just not copied in the site build, altough they
> are in
> > the site src )
> >
> > ( i've googled this article, but it does not help
> ( or
> > I failed to understand it...

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/05/26/forrest.html
> > )
> >
> > thanks in advance,
> >

> Put them as raw html files.  See
> http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#link_raw
>
> If you want them to use a forrest skin, then use
> ithml (ehtml has been
> deprecated).  But since javadocs rely on frames I
> don't think that would
> work very well if at all.
>

> http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#ignoring_javadocs
> will also be handy.
>
> --
> Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
> http://www.splike.com : programming
> http://csx.calvin.edu : student org
> http://www.brondsema.net : personal

name=signature.asc

Re: including a javadoc directory structure

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Ph. Barthelemy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to include a javadoc documentation in my
> forrest web site.
> How can I do this cleanly ?

Good question.

Forrest has only one way of doing this ATM, that is copying all the
javadocs to the raw directory. Not pretty, and personally I would
suggest you to simply keep them in a separate space and link them.

In the next releases, hopefully in 0.7, we will add a locationmap, that
will make users be able to specify alternate locations where to get the
sources, a sort of source/directories mount.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -