Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com> on 2014/11/10 16:47:04 UTC

What are the custom Jclouds changes we made?

Hi Devs,

I guess we have some custom changes to Jclouds APIs. Is this documented
somewhere? Where can I get the information about what are the custom
changes we made to Jclouds APIs.

Highly appreciate your help on this.

Thanks.

--
Raj

Re: What are the custom Jclouds changes we made?

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Imesh for the information.

So EC2 and Openstack changes are not sent to upstream yet?

Thanks.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Michiel,

mblokzij@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Didn't the jclouds team implement the vcloud v1.5 API in jclouds-labs? Has
> anyone looked into that?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michiel
>
> On 10 Nov 2014, at 17:29, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> Yes, for most of the changes we have sent pull requests to jclouds and
> have also followed up with the jclouds team. We could re-check these and do
> the needful.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Alex Heneveld <
> alex.heneveld@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:
>

>> Could you feed these back in to Apache jclouds?
>>
>> Best
>> Alex
>>

>> On 10/11/2014 16:06, Rajkumar Rajaratnam wrote:
>>
>>  I will diff stratos clone against jclouds official and see the changes.
>>
>>  Thanks.
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 9:17 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi Devs,
>>>
>>>  I guess we have some custom changes to Jclouds APIs. Is this documented
>>> somewhere? Where can I get the information about what are the custom
>>> changes we made to Jclouds APIs.
>>>
>>>  Highly appreciate your help on this.
>>>
>>>  Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>>     Raj
>>>

>> --
>>     Raj
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: What are the custom Jclouds changes we made?

Posted by "Michiel Blokzijl (mblokzij)" <mb...@cisco.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
I do not think we have documented this. Ideally each forked module should
have a README file containing the reasons for taking a copy.

Sometime back I collected information on these but couldn't share:

1. Docker API:
We have done some fixes for the initial implementation of jclouds docker
API however this is not used anymore. I will remove it.

2. EC2 API:
We have done a fix to upgrade EC2 API of jclouds from 2012 to 2014 to
support associatePublicIP option.

3. Openstack API:
We identified an issue in spawning instances in a given zone and did a fix
for this.

4. vCloud API
We have implemented support for vCloud 1.5 in jclouds Stratos fork.

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.

--
Raj