Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> on 2011/02/16 10:08:37 UTC

WSIT from SUN/ORACLE & Microsoft AND Apache/Axis2

Can a AXIS2 Web Service Server or an Axis2 web service client be setup
to be integrated into a szenario as given below;
Pleas see also
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17802_01/webservices/webservices/ref
erence/tutorials/wsit/doc/

How WSIT Relates to Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
Web services interoperability is an initiative of Sun and Microsoft. The
goal is to produce web services consumers and producers that support
platform independence, and then to test and deliver products to market
that interoperate across different platforms.
WSIT is the product of Sun's web services interoperability initiative.
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is Microsoft's unified
programming model for building connected systems. WCF, which is now
available as part of the .NET Framework 3.0 product, includes
application programming interfaces (APIs) for building secure, reliable,
transacted web services that interoperate with non-Microsoft platforms.
In a joint effort, Sun Microsystems and Microsoft are testing WSIT
against WCF to ensure that Sun web service clients (consumers) and web
services (producers) do in fact interoperate with WCF web services
applications and vice versa. The testing will ensure that the following
interoperability goals are realized:
*	WSIT web services clients can access and consume WCF web
services.and Apache/Axis2 web services
*	WCF web services clients and Apache/Axis2 web service clients
can access and consume WSIT web services.
Sun is building WSIT on the Java platform and Microsoft is building WCF
on the .NET 3.0 platform. The sections that follow describe the web
services specifications implemented by Sun Microsystems in Web Services
Interoperability Technologies (WSIT) and provide high-level descriptions
of how each WSIT technology works.

The green bits is my whish list

Josef.Stadelmann
@axa-winterthur.ch

Re: WSIT from SUN/ORACLE & Microsoft AND Apache/Axis2

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Let me add to this that there's a *lot* of recent work going into
improving the Axis2 code base, and it looks like the next major Axis2
release will include greatly improved WS-Security/WS-SecurityPolicy
support - so don't take the rating in my article as necessarily
reflective of the long-term usability of the stacks.

  - Dennis

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.