Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Anupam Vaval <av...@ecredit.com> on 2004/11/13 00:35:12 UTC

How do I get callback notifications from slide server about change in resources for eclipse RCP application

Hi

    I am developing eclipse RCP application which makes use of Slide
webDAV client APIs to communicate with repository. I would like get call
back to RCP application when there is change in status of resource on
slide server.

    Looking at API documentation, I came across
org.apache.webdav.lib.methods.SubscribeMethod  class which has method to
register callback. But setCallback() method accepts URI as argument. It
means probably I can have Servlet registered as listener to event. But
my goal is to get notification in RCP client application.

    Or is it that I need something like XMPP to get notification ? Is
Slide supporting XMPP at present?

    Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Anupam

Re: How do I get callback notifications from slide server about change in resources for eclipse RCP application

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
Anupam,

The easiest way to do this is probably with a NotificationListener. Take
a look at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-slide/src/share/org/apache/slide/cluster/ClusterCacheRefresher.java?rev=1.5&view=auto and http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/clientjavadoc/index.html

-James