Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mike Chambers <mi...@netlyncs.com> on 2005/04/30 00:18:43 UTC

Letting spam through

I finally got spamassassin working (I think), via installed
spamassassin-milter and it seems to stop the spam, as well as I see the
headers showing it's checking.

spamass-milter-0.3.0-1.1.fc3.rf
spamassassin-3.0.3-3.fc4

The problem is that it is just stopping it, and I don't see the spammed
emails at all.

Here is my /etc/procmailrc..

DROPPRIVS=yes

:0fw
* < 256000
      | spamc

required_hits 5
report_safe 0
rewrite_header Subject [Spam]

Here is my /home/user/user_prefs..

# SpamAssassin user preferences file.  See 'perldoc
Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf'
# for details of what can be tweaked.

# How many hits before a mail is considered spam.
required_hits          5

# Whitelist and blacklist addresses are now file-glob-style patterns, so
# "friend@somewhere.com", "*@isp.com", or "*.domain.net" will all work.
# whitelist_from        someone@somewhere.com

# Add your own customised scores for some tests below.  The default
scores are
# read from the installed spamassassin rules files, but you can override
them
# here.  To see the list of tests and their default scores, go to
# http://spamassassin.org/tests.html .
#
# score SYMBOLIC_TEST_NAME n.nn

# Speakers of Asian languages, like Chinese, Japanese and Korean, will
almost
# definitely want to uncomment the following lines.  They will switch
off some
# rules that detect 8-bit characters, which commonly trigger on mails
using CJK
# character sets, or that assume a western-style charset is in use.
#
# score HTML_COMMENT_8BITS      0
# score UPPERCASE_25_50         0
# score UPPERCASE_50_75         0
# score UPPERCASE_75_100        0

required_hits 5
report_safe 0
rewrite_header Subject [Spam]

Here is my /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf...

# These values can be overridden by editing
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.cf
# (see spamassassin(1) for details)

# These should be safe assumptions and allow for simple visual sifting
# without risking lost emails.

required_hits 5
report_safe 0
rewrite_header Subject [Spam]

Here's a header from an email sent to this list..

To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: OT quick amavisd-new question

Any ideas how to allow the spam through and let me decide what is/isn't
spam?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"I haven't lost my mind...I sold it on eBay!"

Re: Letting spam through

Posted by Mike Chambers <mi...@netlyncs.com>.
On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 23:32 +0100, Craig McLean wrote:

> SpamAssassin won't throw mail away, it just scores it. spamass-milter,
> however, can be told to reject mail if it scores above a certain level
> using the "-r <n>" option. If this is how it's being called, any message
> scoring over <n> will be rejected by sendmail. Consider setting the
> figure higher, or removing the -r option.

Thanks for the tip!!  I got it to be allowed *and* got it to mark the
subject how I want (man spamass-milter works wonders haha).

Re: Letting spam through

Posted by Craig McLean <cr...@craig.dnsalias.com>.