Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by ch...@sdm.de on 2008/05/06 14:13:50 UTC

Using Webservice via SMTP: SOAP message in body

Hi,
I am looking for a easy way to send the SOAP-Message via SMTP NOT as an email attachment, but in the mail-body itself.
In my case the communication between client and server is routed through a firewall which does not allow any attachments.
In all Axis2-Examples the SMTP communication was realized by attaching the SOAP-Request to an email and I found no further information on this issue on the web.
If possible I would like to avoid any changes in the source-code. Maybe it is just a simple configuration I just missed.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher

---

Christopher Rölle	mailto:christopher.roelle@sdm.de
sd&m AG		http://www.sdm.de
software design & management
Carl-Wery-Str. 42, 81739 Muenchen, Germany
Tel +49 89 63812-286  Fax -272

Vorstand: Edmund Kuepper (Vorsitzender), Burkhard Kehrbusch,
Ruediger Azone, Dr. Uwe Dumslaff, Kai Grambow, Dr. Michael Rading
Aufsichtsrat: Pierre Hessler (Vorsitzender)
Sitz und Amtsgericht: Muenchen HRB 126057

Re: Using Webservice via SMTP: SOAP message in body

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The current SMTP transport in Axis2 is written according to
http://people.apache.org/~pzf/SMTPBase64Binding.html . As Andreas has said,
Apache Synapse project SMTP transport has the provision for your
requirement. I believe we have to update the current spec.

Thank you!

Saminda

--
Saminda Abeyruwan

Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. - www.wso2.org

Re: Using Webservice via SMTP: SOAP message in body

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.

Andreas Veithen wrote:

> Christopher,
>

> I think the mail transport implementation in Apache Synapse has
> support for this. You can use this transport as a replacement for the
> mail transport distributed with Axis2.

Yes, you just need to drop the JAR file found here
<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/synapse/synapse-transports/1.1.2/synapse-transports-1.1.2.jar>
into your classpath, and then configure the mail transport in your
axis2.xml as per this link
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/synapse/trunk/java/repository/conf/axis2.xml?view=markup>

Now, for a particular service, you can refer to the parameters defined
in this Synapse sample
<http://synapse.apache.org/Synapse_Samples.html#Sample256> and define
them on your services.xml. This transport allows you to use pop3, imap,
smtp, and also configure an email address and a polling
duration/schedule per service. It also support customization of the
subject etc, and allows you to use the body or attachment to carry the
SOAP payload

asankha

Christopher Rölle        <ma...@sdm.de>
mailto:christopher.roelle@sdm.de