Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2003/07/02 23:38:52 UTC

Jakarta Newsletter (Draft) - News about Turbine

Hi,

this is for the upcoming newsletter:

--- cut ---
Since its last release on Dec, 6 2002, the Turbine Web Application
Framework has undergone some significant improvements and changes.

Most of the sore points (Logging, Configuration, Component Integration)
have been addressed, improved and resolved. Currently, the Turbine
Developers are working hard towards our next release which is scheduled
for Mid to End of July. A first Release Candidate (RC) is to be expected
on July, 5th.

Changes from our last release include:

- Usage of commons-logging everywhere for unified logging of all parts
  of an application
- Centralized configuration with the ability to configure from XML files
  and JNDI servers
- Multiple new security implementations, including LDAP and a flexible,
  database driven security service
- Crypto Service for various kinds of encryption (including Unix crypt)
- Completely overhauled and reworked input validation service (Intake)
- An Avalon Component Service is available which allows users to
  integrate Avalon components into Turbine applications. The Turbine
  Development Team recommends using this new Service for accessing the
  Torque object persistence framework which is the foundation for some
  of the Turbine Services such as Security Service and Scheduler Service
- Many bug fixes and code cleanups
--- cut ---

Has anybody something to add? I'd like to send this out to Tetsuya so we
get some press in the upcoming newsletter.

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20

Re: Jakarta Newsletter (Draft) - News about Turbine

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Hello, Jakarta Turbine Development Teams.
Hello, Hennig.

Thank you for moderating the previous message of mine.
I subscribed (to tell the truth, .. re-subscribed) to
this mailiing list just a little while ago.

> --- cut ---
> Since its last release on Dec, 6 2002, the Turbine Web Application
> Framework has undergone some significant improvements and changes.
>
> Most of the sore points (Logging, Configuration, Component Integration)
> have been addressed, improved and resolved. Currently, the Turbine
> Developers are working hard towards our next release which is scheduled
> for Mid to End of July. A first Release Candidate (RC) is to be expected
> on July, 5th.
>
> Changes from our last release include:
>
> - Usage of commons-logging everywhere for unified logging of all parts
>   of an application
> - Centralized configuration with the ability to configure from XML files
>   and JNDI servers
> - Multiple new security implementations, including LDAP and a flexible,
>   database driven security service
> - Crypto Service for various kinds of encryption (including Unix crypt)
> - Completely overhauled and reworked input validation service (Intake)
> - An Avalon Component Service is available which allows users to
>   integrate Avalon components into Turbine applications. The Turbine
>   Development Team recommends using this new Service for accessing the
>   Torque object persistence framework which is the foundation for some
>   of the Turbine Services such as Security Service and Scheduler Service
> - Many bug fixes and code cleanups
> --- cut ---
>
> Has anybody something to add? I'd like to send this out to Tetsuya so we
> get some press in the upcoming newsletter.
>
> 	Regards
> 		Henning

cool.

Please add these above to
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaNewsletterDrafts/Issue9

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

P.S. Is here anyone who have been voted in as new committers of Turbine
within these 2 months?

E-mail: kitahata@bb.mbn.or.jp : tetsuya@apache.org
http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Apache Jakarta Translation, Japanese)