Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefano Crosta <st...@slicefactory.com> on 2011/11/02 16:42:10 UTC

Re: File externals regression in 1.7

Jumping in after posting about this issue on collabnet forums:
http://subversion.open.collab.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4&dsMessageId=433779

I totally understand that the "external into external" was an happy
incident in 1.6, yet we do rely on it a lot in our code organization and
deployment strategy (and apparently we are not alone!) so I would like
to know if it is possible that this 'feature' will make it into 1.7 or
if we should just stick (actually, go back) to 1.6

advanced usage of externals is actually the main reason we use svn
rather than git, and the single '.svn' folder per repository was really
a welcome killer feature of 1.7, so we would really love to be able to
get the best of both 1.6 and 1.7 words.

Thanks a lot!