Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Pieter Wouter Hartog <pi...@hotmail.com> on 2012/05/25 22:17:07 UTC

Are there tools in Jena to generate HTML / Forms from RDFS/OWL?

This is a newbie design question.

I'm trying to create a CRUD (Create Read Update Delete) web-application for
an RDF db. I've been playing with the various modules in Jena and it looks
great, but I have not found a module that could deal with updates from HTML
forms or generate HTML from the ontology. Of course I could fabricate
something myself, transforming RDFS/OWL XML into HTML, and deal with data
coming in from HTML forms, but I guess others have tried this before.

Does anybody have any recommendation on what tools/modules to use to make a
CRUD application using an RDF db?

Re: Are there tools in Jena to generate HTML / Forms from RDFS/OWL?

Posted by Holger Knublauch <ho...@knublauch.com>.
See for example:

http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/11990/what-html-templating-systems-exist-for-rdf

and similar topics on answers.semanticweb.com

Holger

Posted by Martynas Jusevicius <pu...@xml.lt>.
Hey Peter,

for generation of HTML, consider XSLT on RDF/XML. It's not trivial, but
doable.

Regarding forms, take a look at RDF/POST
http://www.lsrn.org/semweb/rdfpost.html.

We have some code at graphity.org dealing with both of these. It's not
totally up-to-date, contact me off-list if you find this interesting.

Martynas
graphity.org