Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brandon Goodin <ma...@phase.ws> on 2003/04/02 19:25:05 UTC

[Eva Sager] RE: Does a degree matter?

What was your age when you went back to school? I am 29 (30 in August). I am
married and have 2 young children (3,6). School seems to be a considerable
financial/time investment. I just want to make sure I am not starting too
late and doing too much for too little a result.

Brandon Goodin

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
Brandon, I was 29, married, and with a new born when I went back to school
in
1993. I finally graduated in 1999 with a B.A. in CS (Magna Cum Laude).
I worked a full time job, did web development on the side, and took classes
part time. I had to make some sacrifices, but it was worth it in the end.
It opened many windows of opportunity that had be closed.

It appears you have the experience, you just lack the all-important degree
(paper).

Good luck!

robert

> > If you can do the deed (which it sounds like you can), I
> would hazard offering
> > my opinion in thinking that it wouldn't be the best use of
> your time. By
--////--