Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by kj...@kemedhaug.net on 2013/11/14 12:31:02 UTC

Translating xml tag content

I am puzzled about translation of tag elements. Most likely there is
some guide I have missed, and I would rather not sift through the mail
archive...
Call me lazy :(

I see that some content in the "link" tags for some help files are
sometimes unexpectedly translated. Specifically the "name=" part. Is
the name property used as a target name which should never be
translated, a search term/alternate text which should always be
translated, or does it work only as a hint to developers/translators
(so translating - or not - is unimportant)?

Kjell

Re: Translating xml tag content

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 14/11/2013 12:08, Ricardo Berlasso escreveu:
> 2013/11/14 <kj...@kemedhaug.net>
>
>> I am puzzled about translation of tag elements. Most likely there is some
>> guide I have missed, and I would rather not sift through the mail archive...
>> Call me lazy :(
>>
>> I see that some content in the "link" tags for some help files are
>> sometimes unexpectedly translated. Specifically the "name=" part. Is the
>> name property used as a target name which should never be translated, a
>> search term/alternate text which should always be translated, or does it
>> work only as a hint to developers/translators (so translating - or not - is
>> unimportant)?
>>
> The value of parameter "name=" is the only part of any tag that needs to be
> translated: all other tags must remain the same as the original. That
> reminds me that there is a long list of untranslated "name=" parameters on
> ES translation... :(
Hi,
And in PT translation. Pretty boring. :-(
Here a direct link Andrea supplied me a few days ago:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Translation_Built-in_Help
Regards,
Pedro.

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.