Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2006/09/15 06:14:30 UTC

NSIS CayenneModeler.exe

Just closed CAY-493 - switching CayenneModeler.exe building from
Launch4J. I would appreciate if any of the Windows users on this list
could build the code from 2.0 branch and give feedback on the new
modeler launcher. Note - unlike the Launch4J version, the new exe has
to stay in the distro directory, as it has relative references to the
jar files. Creating Windows "shortcuts" should work.

Here is the build procedure:

1. Install NSIS - http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsis/
2. Checkout 2.0:

# svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/
branches/STABLE-2.0/cayenne/ cayenne-2.0

3. Build a windoze release with Ant:

# cd cayenne-2.0/cayenne-ant && ant release-win

4. Test CayenneModeler.exe

Thanks
Andrus

P.S. And just when I thought 2.0 is so close, I noticed a
jarbundler.jar - another GPL'd piece used to build the Mac
Modeler :-/ Looks like WOProject will be getting a new Ant task soon...

Re: NSIS CayenneModeler.exe

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Note:

This requires setting nsis.home if it's not installed into C:/Program Files/NSIS

For example, -Dnsis.home=E:/w2k/NSIS

Re: NSIS CayenneModeler.exe

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Also just finished this little thingy:

http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/JApplication

Works very nice - I already switched 2.0 to it. Will need to
investigate how to Mavenize it and move to 3.0.

Andrus

Re: NSIS CayenneModeler.exe

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: NSIS CayenneModeler.exe