Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ne...@lntinfotech.com on 2009/10/29 05:58:39 UTC

Load Balacing two OFBiz servers using Apache Http server

Hi,

I am doing load balancing using two OFBiz servers in session replication
mode with Apache HTTP Server. I have also incorporated the node fail over
risk i.e. when one node fails, load gets transferred to the second node.

The servers run properly in load balanced mode, If i shut down one server
in the middle of browser session, the other OFBiz server continues the
browser session without any problem. User Login also persistes in the
session, so the second server does not ask for login again. But when I go
for placing the order, and close the server in middle of the check out
process, rest all the details persist but cart comes out to be empty , and
if there is some promotional item present in the cart, that promotional
item persists inside the cart when second server continues browser session
but all the other items get removed.

I am not able to understand the problem. The second server maintains the
same browser session as was with the first server, it persists the user
login details but cart details are not found with the second server.

Thanks & Regards,
Neha Mehta
Software Engineer