Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by Giovanni Tummarello <gi...@deri.org> on 2012/06/30 19:26:53 UTC

Assisted SPARQL editor as apache project?

Dear all,

my apologizes if this isnt maybe the right venue, but i think you guys
are a great group to give me suggestions on what to do so here i ask:

we have released today the first version of a Sindice Sparql query editor.

SparQLed  is data and context driven  and we believe it could be a
notable step forward in usability of SPARQL and RDF in general

.. if .. we develop it further to "its full potential".

As you know any23 is a donation of the Sindice project too and i have
been overwhelmed with the results.
I mean.. it makes so much sense to develop this collaboratively.

so here i ask to kindly take a look at sparqled and.. we look forward
on feedback on how to make it a great community just like any23.

e.g. would you be interested in committing given an appropriate apache licence?

thanks in advance for any feedback.

Gio

Re: Assisted SPARQL editor as apache project?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 01/07/12 10:09, Simone Tripodi wrote:

> Don't know if it is SparQLed related, but years ago Michele and I,
> with the great help of Jürgen Pfundt, developed an ANTLR SparQL
> grammar[4] which is 100% compliant with sparql specification.

Looks like it is tracking SPARQL 1.1, query and update, as well which is
great.  There is going to be a third last call with a few grammar
changes "soon".

There is also a javacc grammar, which is used to generate the spec text
- that's used in the Apache-hosted sparql.org and it's SPARQL validator.

	Andy

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Good morning Giovanni,

we have IMHO two options:

 * IF SparQLed is an Any23-related technology, Sindice can donate it
simply by submitting a SoftwareGrant[1] then we'll import the codebase
in Any23 repo as sub-project/component

otherwise (maybe more appropriate)

 * the best place to setup a new community - and bring new original
committers - is making a new proposal[2] and discuss (then submit) it
to the Incubator general@ mailing list[3], like we did at the Any23
early days.

Don't know if it is SparQLed related, but years ago Michele and I,
with the great help of Jürgen Pfundt, developed an ANTLR SparQL
grammar[4] which is 100% compliant with sparql specification.

HTH, have a nice weekend,
-Simo

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html
[3] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/lists.html
[4] http://code.google.com/p/sparkle-g/

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Giovanni Tummarello <
giovanni.tummarello@deri.org> wrote:

> Hi Reto :) want to drive? i could even sponsor you somehow (we should
> be able tofind a way)
> you get fame, money and all

Sounds good :) I would be happy to share (the fame), who's with me for
something like this:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ZhuguProposal

If the SparqlEd code (or relevant parts of it) can be donated as described
I would like to broaden the discussion with the Stanbol, Jena and Clerezza
communities.

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Giovanni Tummarello <gi...@deri.org>.

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Giovanni,

Posted by Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Giovanni,

You could also email the sesame-developers list to get some discussion
about the sparql parser extensions that are currently being
maintained, as they may be interested in help maintaining the sparql
parser, particularly given the number of changes that the spec has
been going through during the extended sparql-1.1 last call period.

Cheers,

Peter

Posted by Giovanni Tummarello <gi...@deri.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.