Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 22:02:59 UTC

[DISCUSS] New confluence group for editing the wiki

Hi all,

Per the conversation on OpenJPA-734 the OpenJPA wiki is a bit tricky to
update. If I'm reading the permissions correctly there are effectively four
groups that have a variety of control over the wiki :

confluence-users : can view the wiki and add comments
asf-cla : can view, add comments and add pages
openjpa-developers: can do everything except restrict access to pages
openjpa-admins : can do everything.

I believe Craig has access to update the members of at least some of these
groups (openjpa-xxx).

Geronimo, for example, maintains a few other groups :
gronimo-committers - all Geronimo committers full administrative access.
geronimo-contributors - Anybody wanting to contribute to the project's
docuementation. Access depends on having a CLA filed with the ASF.
geronimo-tck - mostly Geronimo committers, but includes people from some
other Apache projects.
confluence-users - same as our confluence users (might have different
permissions).

Is it worthwhile to add a group similar to geronimo-contributors? We'd still
require a CLA but it could open up the wiki to people who aren't actively
updating code.

I don't have strong feelings either way, but I am interested in what others
think.

-mike

Re: [DISCUSS] New confluence group for editing the wiki

Posted by Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com>.
I think adding a group similar to geronimo-contributors is a good
idea.  It'll provide a good avenue for users to make project
contributions outside of the code base.

+1 for openjpa-contributors group

-Jeremy