Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@peridale.co.uk> on 2015/04/22 11:34:15 UTC

ROperationTimedOut in selerct count statement in cqlsh

Hi,

I have a table of 300,000 rows.

When I try to do a simple

cqlsh:ase> select count(1) from t;

OperationTimedOut: errors={}, last_host=127.0.0.1

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks,

Mich

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This
message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended
recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this
message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Ltd, its
subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free,
therefore neither Peridale Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept
any responsibility.

Re: ROperationTimedOut in selerct count statement in cqlsh

Posted by Umang Shah <sh...@gmail.com>.
In that case you have to increase the readtimeout as some suggested.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@peridale.co.uk>
wrote:

> Thanks Umang.
>

> I have 9GB of memory free here out of 24GB
>

> cassandra@rhes564::/apps/cassandra> free

> Mem:      24675328   14774532    9900796          0     539900    9097992
>
> -/+ buffers/cache:    5136640   19538688
>
> Swap:     24579440        668   24578772
>

> But I am still getting the same error
>

> cqlsh:ase> select count(1) from t;
>
> OperationTimedOut: errors={}, last_host=127.0.0.1
>

> thx
>

> Mich Talebzadeh
>

> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com
>

> Author of the books* "A Practitioner’s Guide to Upgrading to Sybase** ASE
> 15", **ISBN 978-0-9563693-0-7*.
>
> co-author *"Sybase Transact SQL Guidelines Best Practices", ISBN
> 978-0-9759693-0-4*
>
> *Publications due shortly:*
>
> *Creating in-memory Data Grid for Trading Systems with Oracle TimesTen and
> Coherence Cache*
>
> *Oracle and Sybase, Concepts and Contrasts*, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-1-4, volume
> one out shortly
>

> NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This
> message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended
> recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this
> message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Ltd, its
> subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the
> responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free,
> therefore neither Peridale Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept
> any responsibility.

Umang Shah
+919886829019

RE: ROperationTimedOut in selerct count statement in cqlsh

Posted by Umang Shah <sh...@gmail.com>.
HI,

wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have a table of 300,000 rows.
>

> When I try to do a simple
>

> cqlsh:ase> select count(1) from t;
>
> OperationTimedOut: errors={}, last_host=127.0.0.1
>

> Appreciate any feedback
>

> Thanks,
>

> Mich
>

> NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This
> message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended
> recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this
> message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Ltd, its
> subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the
> responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free,
> therefore neither Peridale Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept
> any responsibility.

Umang Shah
+919886829019