Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/06 18:29:04 UTC

Proposal: move content in Wiki to docs in code repo

Hi folks,

I am proposing moving our content in Wiki (e.g., working groups, release
tracking, etc.) to our docs in the code repo. I personally found that wiki
is hard to use and there's no reviewing process for changes in the Wiki.
The content in Wiki historically received less attention than that in the
docs.

What do you think?

- Jie

Re: Proposal: move content in Wiki to docs in code repo

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1
For a long time I didn't knew that wiki exists. It's hidden from a new
users and search engines - I remember only one place where it's linked in
docs.
I can help with move.

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
It's working.
Thanks

czw., 9.06.2016 o 17:06 użytkownik Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
It's working.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
Seems we didn't use makeup in confluence wiki.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Proposal: move content in Wiki to docs in code repo

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Proposal: move content in Wiki to docs in code repo

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1, good point.

--
Deshi Xiao
Twitter: xds2000

Re: Proposal: move content in Wiki to docs in code repo

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.
+1, good point.

--
Deshi Xiao
Twitter: xds2000

Re: Proposal: move content in Wiki to docs in code repo

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gilbert Song <gi...@mesosphere.io>.
+1.

Posted by Gilbert Song <gi...@mesosphere.io>.
+1.

Posted by Zhou Z Xing <xi...@cn.ibm.com>.
+1

From:	Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>
To:	mesos <de...@mesos.apache.org>, "user@mesos.apache.org"
            <us...@mesos.apache.org>
Date:	2016-06-06 上午 11:29
Subject:	Proposal: move content in Wiki to docs in code repo

Posted by Zhou Z Xing <xi...@cn.ibm.com>.
+1

From:	Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>
To:	mesos <de...@mesos.apache.org>, "user@mesos.apache.org"
            <us...@mesos.apache.org>
Date:	2016-06-06 上午 11:29
Subject:	Proposal: move content in Wiki to docs in code repo

Posted by Avinash Sridharan <av...@mesosphere.io>.
+1

I think moving the wiki into docs would make information about working
groups, release tracking first class citizens and help disseminate
information better.

--
Avinash Sridharan, Mesosphere
+1 (323) 702 5245

Re: Proposal: move content in Wiki to docs in code repo

Posted by Avinash Sridharan <av...@mesosphere.io>.
+1

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1