Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2006/05/10 00:41:53 UTC

(Very O/T!) Oracle JDev configuration topic

Good Evening Fellow Coders-

Since most of my development has used Oracle I have been using JDeveloper but encountered some problems when I downloaded latest 10G development distro
for whatever reason the xalan libraries that come with the distro are not the right version..to correct I would
download xalan-j_2_7 jars from http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xml/xalan-j
copy serializer.jar to reachable location ...I put mine in $JDEV_HOME/lib
vi C:\JDeveloper\jdev\bin\jdev.conf and add the following entries
AddJavaLibFile ../../lib/serializer.jar
SetUpdateClassPath ./../../classes:../lib/jdev.jar:../../ide/lib/ide.jar:../../ide/lib/javatools.jar:../../lib/xmlparserv2.jar:../../jlib/jewt4.jar:../../jlib/sharejar:../../lib/serializer.jar

Personally I like JDeveloper as as it provides a close assimilation to Oracle AppServer and more importantly easy assimilation of Oracle Type2/3/4 Drivers
Happy Coding,
Martin --