Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Fedi Ben Ali <be...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/04 05:55:28 UTC

Public IP range VLAN Tag

Hi,

I'm working on a deploiement with two zones with advanced networking.
i have a range public ip adresses that will be used for my both zones.

i want to use a part of this range as my public range on the zones level
and the rest will be set as portable ip's.

i added the portable  ip range with vlan untagged ,but when i add the
public range a get an error that says that the VLAN tag vlan://untagged is
already being used for portable ip range in this region.

on my hypervisor and network equipements my public network is VLAN tagged.

Thx.

Re: Public IP range VLAN Tag

Posted by Remi Bergsma <re...@remi.nl>.
Hi,

You could try specifying a Traffic Label that points to an interface that has no VLAN tag of its own. Then, when adding the different ip address spaces, specify the appropriate VLAN tag. CloudStack will then use the interface, and tag the traffic with the VLAN specified so your switching gear will pick it up nicely. Still, one can be untagged.

Regards,
Remi