Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/15 07:31:11 UTC

EventContext as a page navigation response

Fairly often, I have a need where I have to redirect back to the page
using a different context. Typically this happens when I'm passing in
some initial context to set things up but after that I'm referring to
the editable entity by it's id. Right now, I need to handle the case
first in onActivate and somewhat awkwardly again in onPassivate. It'd
be nicer if I could keep onPassivate for the typical case but
short-circuit the process in some specific cases by constructing and
directly returning a custom EventContext. Logically, it'd be the same
as returning "this" but using the given context instead. WDYT? I'll
open an issue if this makes sense.

Kalle