Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/22 18:10:15 UTC

[dbutils] ResultSetHandler.handle() method

Currently, the ResultSetHandler.handle() method has this signature:

public Object handle(ResultSet rs, Object params[], Object userObject)
        throws SQLException;

The mail archives show the initial suggestions was the simpler:

public Object handle(ResultSet rs) throws SQLException;

None of the handler implementations in DbUtils use the "params" or
"userObject" parameters and the cvs commit that made this change gives no
reason why it was made.  What is the use case supporting the additional
parameters?  Should we go back to the original version that just takes a
ResultSet?

David

Re: [dbutils] ResultSetHandler.handle() method

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
Change it to  "public Object handle(ResultSet rs) throws SQLException".
 "Object params[], Object userObject" was for "ProcedureUtils".