Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marcin Werla <mw...@tlen.pl> on 2004/06/03 08:49:41 UTC

Maven hangs during multiproject site generation - no error messages

Hi,

I have a mavenized project which consists of seven subprojects. During
multiproject:site generation (started on RedHat 9.0) maven quite often hangs
while generating one of subprojects site. It happens in different
subprojects, so it is not fault of one of subprojects. What more - when I
generate sites manually and then run multiproject:site with modified
property maven.multiproject.site.goals set to java:compile for example, all
is ok.

When maven hags, it's process is still active, but it takes 0% of processor
time and no error message is displayed.

Can someone tell me what can be the reason of this? I've tried to increase
memory available for maven in MAVEN_OPTS, but it does not help.

This problem appeared when I migrated from Maven 1.0 RC1 to RC2 and in RC3
is the same.

Greetings,
  Marcin Werla

Re: Maven hangs during multiproject site generation - no error messages

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@coffeebreaks.org>.
On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 02:49, Marcin Werla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a mavenized project which consists of seven subprojects. During
> multiproject:site generation (started on RedHat 9.0) maven quite often hangs
> while generating one of subprojects site. It happens in different
> subprojects, so it is not fault of one of subprojects. What more - when I
> generate sites manually and then run multiproject:site with modified
> property maven.multiproject.site.goals set to java:compile for example, all
> is ok.
>
> When maven hags, it's process is still active, but it takes 0% of processor
> time and no error message is displayed.
>
> Can someone tell me what can be the reason of this? I've tried to increase
> memory available for maven in MAVEN_OPTS, but it does not help.

Have you tried to run maven -X to see where the problem happens?

Jerome