Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Brian Lee <br...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/06 01:51:16 UTC

NonSynchronizedStringBuffer [was Re: NonSynchronizedString]

Sorry about that. I'm a total moron, I meant NonSynchronizedStringBuffer.

It would basically be a copy and paste of the java.lang.StringBuffer class
without the synchronized modifiers on all the public methods. Of course this
would make the new FastStringBuffer non-threadsafe, but my applications
never share a StringBuffer between threads.

BAL

Re: NonSynchronizedStringBuffer [was Re: NonSynchronizedString]

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
Tiger (J2SE 5.0 nee 1.5) users don't need to wait for someone to
create such a class ... it's already included
(java.lang.StringBuilder).  It might be nice to have such a class
available elsewhere for apps built on earlier JDKs.

Craig

Re: [lang] NonSynchronizedStringBuffer [was Re: NonSynchronizedString]

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Yes, StrBuilder would be the same as the java class. But that is one and the
same as FastStringBuilder ;-)
Stephen

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Any reason not to do: