Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by katepl <kl...@poczta.fm> on 2009/05/13 08:12:21 UTC

ClassLoader issues in multithreaded webapp ? TC5.0

Hi

I'm using 5.0.28 (with java5 patch) running on java5 (SR9 AIX). My webapp is
running on axis 1.2.
When I start some threads to do the work in my web service, I'm getting
errors like:

Exception in thread "Thread-33" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
my.whatever.package.whatever.class

my.whatever.package.whatever.class
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1340)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1189)

Needless to say all the classes are in place and it works fine with single
thread webapp (heavily tested).
Using multiple threads, only one or two thread report this error while
others seem to work fine.

I would say I have a race condition with WebappClassLoader but why does it
complain only about my classes ( never throws CNFE for java.* classes ).

Any thoughts ?
Thanks in advance, Kate.

RE: ClassLoader issues in multithreaded webapp ? TC5.0

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: katepl [mailto:klinham@poczta.fm]
> Subject: ClassLoader issues in multithreaded webapp ? TC5.0
>
> I'm using 5.0.28 (with java5 patch)

What's the "java5 patch"?

Note that Tomcat 5.0 is deprecated.  Can you reproduce the problem on a supported level?

I don't recall having seen these symptoms on any level, so it may be related to the JVM you're using.

 - Chuck