Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Christopher X. Candreva" <ch...@westnet.com> on 2004/10/04 16:22:13 UTC

Upgrade Gotcha: Difference in how config lines are parsed

While this  is not something  most people are likely to see, I thought I
would mention it to possibly save someone some time.

I had a user just tell me that since the upgrade to SA 3.0, all his mail was
being marked as Spam because the threshold had been set to 0 .  Checking his
user_prefs, it had not been edited since Dec 2003, and the last two lines
were:

required_hits           6
required_hits

So, evidently, SA 2.6 ignored the line without a value, but 3.0 treats
it as 0.

I don't even know if I would call this a bug, but since it is a change in
behavior I thought I would mention it.

Chris Candreva  -- chris@westnet.com -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/