Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ola Ogunneye <OO...@adventisthealthcare.com> on 2004/03/26 20:34:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Configuration help

I have the latest Apache installed on my system and can see the default
apache page if I point my browser to http://localhost however, if I put
the real url that I want to eventually use http://www.gwmc.biz I get
page not found. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

I thought the localhost should be interchangeable with the eventual
domain name? The computer is not connected to the internet yet, could
that be the reason for this page not found message?

Thank you all in advance

Re: [users@httpd] Configuration help

Posted by André Ventura Lemos <tu...@tuxslare.org>.
You could set that domain under /etc/hosts just for testing purposes.

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 01:01, Norman Peelman wrote:
> > I have the latest Apache installed on my system and can see the default
> > apache page if I point my browser to http://localhost however, if I put
> > the real url that I want to eventually use http://www.gwmc.biz I get
> > page not found. Is there something that I am doing wrong?
> >
> > I thought the localhost should be interchangeable with the eventual
> > domain name? The computer is not connected to the internet yet, could
> > that be the reason for this page not found message?
> >
> > Thank you all in advance
> >

> You must have registered your domain name before it will work.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
A bit or byte to read or write,
I/O, I/O, I/O...

Re: [users@httpd] Configuration help

Posted by Norman Peelman <np...@cfl.rr.com>.

Posted by Andrew Thomas Blake <an...@azulmx.com>.
Did you put

127.0.0.1 www.gwmc.biz

in your hosts file?

Andrew Blake

On Friday 26 March 2004 13:34, Ola Ogunneye wrote:
> I have the latest Apache installed on my system and can see the default
> apache page if I point my browser to http://localhost however, if I put
> the real url that I want to eventually use http://www.gwmc.biz I get
> page not found. Is there something that I am doing wrong?
>
> I thought the localhost should be interchangeable with the eventual
> domain name? The computer is not connected to the internet yet, could
> that be the reason for this page not found message?
>
> Thank you all in advance

[users@httpd] mod_ldap

Posted by wr...@donovandata.com.

Cannot get working on a RedHat 7.3 box - ldap-status is always "Cache has
not been enabled/initialised.".  Protocol analyzer shows LDAP queries are
not cached, leading to excessive slowness.

Same configuration works just fine on a RedHat Enterprise Linux 2.1 box,
caching works just fine.

RH 7.3 kernel is 2.4.20-28.7, RHEL 2.1 kernel is 2.4.9-e.24.

Tried 2.0.47, 2.0.48, 2.0.49, all source builds.

Tried:

./configure --enable-layout=RedHat --with-ldap --enable-ldap
--enable-auth-ldap --enable-mods-shared=all
./configure --enable-layout=RedHat --with-ldap --enable-ldap=static
--enable-auth-ldap=static --enable-mods-shared=all

Anyone got any clues?

Wrolf

[users@httpd] Re: Configuration help

Posted by Roland Kwee <kw...@xs4all.nl>.
Do you have something like this in your httpd.conf file:
  allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
You could add another "allow from" with the network address
of your ethernet or of www.gwmc.biz.

Roland