Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2009/03/02 21:42:42 UTC

ij tests under JUnit

I have had to change an ij test script: LOB.sql. The script is actually
run by one of our JUnit tests, LangScripts. I generated a new canon from
the script, using the old test harness. Now lang/LOB.sql passes cleanly
under the old harness. However, it fails when run as part of
LangScripts. Is there a primer on how to update the canon for an ij
script which is run under JUnit?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: ij tests under JUnit

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> I have had to change an ij test script: LOB.sql. The script is
>> actually run by one of our JUnit tests, LangScripts. I generated a
>> new canon from the script, using the old test harness. Now
>> lang/LOB.sql passes cleanly under the old harness. However, it fails
>> when run as part of LangScripts. Is there a primer on how to update
>> the canon for an ij script which is run under JUnit?
>>
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ConvertSqlScriptTestsToJunit
>
> Short answer is  run:
>
> java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.*LangScript*s Lob
>

> Check and copy the output file from the fail folder to the master
> directory instead
> of running with the old harness.
>

> Kathey

Thanks, Kathey. That did the trick.