Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kylo Ginsberg <ky...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/27 17:57:01 UTC

1.4.[23] for cygwin doesn't handle eol's properly

I built both 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 for cygwin and both have the same
behavior: when checking out a file with svn:eol-style=native on to a
textmode-mounted directory, the line endings are all LF's.  I believe
they should be CRLF's.

I believe this is a bug but please advise.

Thanks,
Kylo

Re: 1.4.[23] for cygwin doesn't handle eol's properly

Posted by Nathan Kidd <na...@spicycrypto.ca>.
Kylo Ginsberg wrote:
> I built both 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 for cygwin and both have the same
> behavior: when checking out a file with svn:eol-style=native on to a
> textmode-mounted directory, the line endings are all LF's.  I believe
> they should be CRLF's.
>
> I believe this is a bug but please advise.

Cygwin has two modes it can be installed in: DOS and UNIX.  If at setup
time you choose UNIX mode then it will always force CRLF -> LF
translation in your write calls.  This could even override 'svn export
--native-eol=CRLF'

Try running Cygwin setup again and choosing DOS line endings.

-Nathan